Checklist: SAP Interface does not work
Time estimate: 30 minutes
Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative.
Checklist usage: #. [Quick hints] (point refers specific module/product) Point description.
- Screenshot and followed instructions of error/warning messages shown.
- SAP Interface module is licensed in zenon computers.
You can find all license details of zenon Software Platform products in License Manager (in zenon Startup Tool > Tools).
- Connection to the SAP Server is possible from zenon computers. SAP Server is not offline.
Ping commands between zenon computer and SAP Server are successful in both directions using computers IP/hostname/FQDN.
- Output of the 'Test connection' in Engineering Studio is:
- 'Connection test successful'.
- 'Connection test failed:' + text message received from the SAP system.
Normally the text message is quite helpful, like "name or password incorrect".
- No result at all: Check if SAP GUI is installed.
When SAP GUI is not installed, there will not be shown any error message.
- SAP GUI uses the CPU same architecture of zenon.
Typically, SAP GUI is 32bit version only, so that zenon components (Engineering Studio/Service Engine) must use the CPU same architecture.
- It is possible to access SAP Server using SAP GUI. In case, in Engineering Studio fails, but from SAP GUI is possible, contact SAP administrator.
- Searched and followed error instructions in LOGs related with the zenon components (Engineering Studio/Service Engine).
All zenon components write in the background messages to joint log file(s) saved in '%programdata%\COPA-DATA\LOG' folder.
These files can be read and configured with Diagnosis Viewer.
You can modify the logging level of a component by clicking 'Client Configuration' in 'Settings' menu and after select the respective process name.
Attention: Set the logging parameters wisely as the time-frame of the LOGs decrease when increasing the detail of the logs written.
You can also find LOG files in SIC in 'Platform > Versions > Version XXXX > Directories > LogDirectory' folder.
- In case a valid connection can be established to SAP Server, but Remote Function Call (RFC) still does not work.
- [Service Engine] [Engineering Studio] Check the 'error description' or the CEL. Normally, these are useful (e.g. function not remote enabled, insufficient user rights, etc.).
- Test the RFC in the SAP GUI.
- Check the RFC parameters in Engineering Studio:
- Variables are assigned to parameters. If no assignment, zenon default value '0' may cause RFC not providing the expected result.
- Check parameter datatypes as not all SAP data types are supported by zenon.
- If other RFC work, this indicate that the problem is limited to a specific RFC.
- Maintenance reports do not work.
- Check error messages in the CEL in Service Engine.
- Check on the SAP system whether the necessary RFCs are remote enabled.
- Check the access rights of the user for the RFCs.
- Check the Resource Label of the variable in question. It has to contain a valid equipment of technical location.
- Measurement readings do not work.
- Check error messages in the CEL in Service Engine.
- Check the Resource Label of the variable in question. It has to contain a valid measurement point ID.
- Searched in Knowledge Base if a previous issue has been addressed.
If the problem persists after completing this checklist and followed corrective actions, please contact your local COPA-DATA Representative providing a SIC-Reduced Report from the target computer(s) and the result of this checklist – please include any additional information or comments related with the points addressed you find relevant.
System Information Collector is a standalone COPA-DATA application that collects relevant data about the Operating System and zenon Software Platform for troubleshooting purposes. SIC is installed with zenon and can be started from zenon Startup Tool (Tools).
Checklist: Smart Client does not work
Time estimate: 20 minutes Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative. Checklist usage: #. [Quick hints] ...
Checklist: Process Gateway cannot start
Time estimate: 30 minutes Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative. Checklist usage: #. [Quick hints] ...
The SAP interface will show success messages even though it is not configured correctly and does not work
Summary When using zenon´s SAP interface the SAP GUI has to be installed on the runtime PC. To be more precise, the correct SAP GUI (32/64bit) has to be installed. When using the 64 bit version of zenon, also the 64 bit version of the SAP GUI is ...
Creating measurement documents via the SAP interface fails with the message 'INVALID_DATE'
Summary Storing variable values in SAP via the SAP interfaces 'measurement readings' feature does not work in some situations. When the runtime attempts to send the value to the SAP system it fails. An entry is created in the CEL, indicating that ...
SAP maintenance reports don´t work
Summary In the module SAP interface it is possible to define maintenance reports. They actually use the SAP function blocks ALM_PM_MAINTNOT_CREATE ALM_PM_MAINTNOT_SAVE ALM_PM_MAINTNOT_MODIFY_DATA These are, however, not remote enabled with a ...