FAQ: Why are there small RED squares on the dynamic elements in the zenon Service Engine?
Small red squares on the dynamic elements in zenon Service Engine indicate that the INVALID Bit (aka I-Bit) is active for the linked variable. The INVALID Bit is set true automatically by the zenon drivers for variables when there is an underlying communication problem.
What you should do if you see red squares - Determine which zenon driver the variable is based on, and check the zenon Help documentation for that driver. Contained in the Driver Help Documentation is:
- Detailed information about the proper configuration of the driver
- Details about the variables, objects, and addressing based on the driver
- A chapter "Error analysis" which provides a troubleshooting checklist, analysis information, and driver specific error codes.
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, contact your local COPA-DATA Support with the following:
- A detailed description of the problem
- A backup of your zenon project
- A system information collector (SIC), reduced scan be started from zenon Startup Tool -> Tools > System Information Collector.