FAQ: Why are there small BLUE squares on the dynamic elements in the zenon Service Engine?
Small blue squares on the dynamic elements in zenon Service Engine indicates that there is a network communication problem.
For example, if a Service Engine client starts a zenon project, but cannot connect to a zenon Service Engine server, the dynamic elements linked with variables may display the small blue square on the client.
The first things to check are:
- Review the zenon Help Documentation at Manual -> Network and ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure the zenon Service Engine is active and running on the Service Engine server(s).
- Ensure that host name resolution is working in the network (e.g. PING hostname).
- Ensure in the Engineering Studio -> Project Properties -> Network -> Server 1, Server 2 names are correct.
- Ensure the Service Engine server(s) and the clients are starting the correct zenon project(s).