Checklist: zenon Driver does not start in zenon 11 Engineering Studio / Service Engine.
Time estimate: 15 minutes
Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative.
In zenon 11 and newer versions, zenon Drivers use a new interface for communication with the Service Engine and Engineering Studio to allow a faster and more flexible communication. This interface is managed via a new COPA-DATA process called "Driver Operations Manager" (zenDrvOpsManager.exe).
- Screenshot and followed instructions of error/warning messages shown.
- Driver configuration dialog does not open in Engineering Studio (error 0x80040004).
- zenDrvOpsManager.exe is not listed in Windows Task Manager details window (process list).
- Close Engineering Studio and re-register zenon from the Startup Tool. -> zenDrvOpsManager.exe is now started.
- Service Engine cannot establish communication with zenDrvOpsManager and it throws the error 0x80040004. Respective driver does not start.
- Check if the zenDrvOpsManager.exe is running in Windows Task Manager details window (process list).
- Check if the zenDrvOpsManager ports (default TCP 50786 & TCP 50787) are used by other process or blocked by any security software or rule.
- Consult the configured "Driver Operations Manager driver and "Driver Operations Manager SE" ports in the Startup Tool at Application Settings (Listening ports).
If the problem persists after completing this checklist and followed corrective actions, please contact your local COPA-DATA Representative providing a SIC-Reduced Report from the target computer(s) and the result of this checklist – please include any additional information or comments related with the points addressed you find relevant.
System Information Collector is a standalone COPA-DATA application that collects relevant data about the Operating System and zenon Software Platform for troubleshooting purposes. SIC is installed with zenon and can be started from zenon Startup Tool (Tools). The latest version released can be found in www.copadata.com/sic