Checklist: Update CE fails
Time estimate: 15 minutes
Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative.
- Screenshot and followed instructions of error/warning messages shown.
- Check for enough free disk space in the folder where the syssrvce.exe is started from.
- Remove the folder called "update" from the folder where the syssrvce.exe is started from (valid until version 6.50).
- If the process stops while transporting, again check free disk space.
- If the process stops while transporting, try moving the memory slider in the control panel of the CE device, via the icon "system", either to the left or the right and try updating again, while watching the memory slider. Move to the opposite side where memory is getting less.
- Try deleting all files from the directory where the syssrvce.exe is started from, except "syssrvce.exe" and "zenon6.ini" and keep the 5 necessary DLL-files in folder.
The 5 DLL-files must match to the version of Engineering Studio used for Update the CE runtime files:
- LogCliLib.dll, MFC90U.dll, msvcr90.dll, syssrvce.dll and CDHelper.dll
- If the folder name on the CE device, where the syssrvce.exe is located, is called "zenon", rename the folder into e.g. "zen_rt"
- Check network cabling for any errors. Try using a different network connection, e.g. a crossover cable when using a network or a hub / switch when using a crossover cable.
- Searched in Knowledge Base if a previous issue has been addressed.
If the problem persists after completing this checklist and followed corrective actions, please contact your local COPA-DATA Representative providing a SIC-Reduced Report from the target computer(s) and the result of this checklist – please include any additional information or comments related with the points addressed you find relevant.
System Information Collector is a standalone COPA-DATA application that collects relevant data about the Operating System and zenon Software Platform for troubleshooting purposes. SIC is installed with zenon and can be started from zenon Startup Tool (Tools).