Checklist: Software-dongle is broken
Time estimate: 15 minutes
Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative.
Checklist usage: #. [Quick hints] (point refers specific module/product) Point description.
- Screenshot and followed instructions of error/warning messages shown.
- Dongle is shown as ‘Enabled’ in ‘CodeMeter Control Center’.
- Delete and create a new dongle:
- Close ‘License Manager’ and 'CodeMeter Control Center’.
- Open Command prompt and enter the following:
- Cd %programfiles(x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
- Cmu32 --delete-cmact-license --serial <serial number of dongle>
- In case success it will be displayed a message reporting that the license was successfully removed.
- Open “License Manager and 'CodeMeter Control Center' and check the status of the new software-dongle.
- Try to restore the license as documented in topic: Service Engine & Engineering Studio Licensing Defective hard drive - replace hard drive - reinstall operating system
- Request a replacement license if 4 did not work.
If the problem persists after completing this checklist and followed corrective actions, please contact your local COPA-DATA Representative providing a SIC-Reduced Report from the target computer(s) and the result of this checklist – please include any additional information or comments related with the points addressed you find relevant.
System Information Collector is a standalone COPA-DATA application that collects relevant data about the Operating System and zenon Software Platform for troubleshooting purposes. SIC is installed with zenon and can be started from zenon Startup Tool (Tools).