Checklist: Software Platform build update fails
Time estimate: 30 minutes
Please go through all the points in the following checklist. If necessary, confirm with IT Department any information you cannot verify before contacting your local COPA-DATA Representative.
Checklist usage: #. [Quick hints] (point refers specific module/product) Point description.
- Screenshot and followed instructions of error/warning messages shown.
- Operating System is up to date and does not require a restart.
- Operating System user has administrator rights.
It is possible to find the membership of a Windows user in 'Computer Management' in Local Users and Groups > Users.
An user with administrator rights is normally a member of 'Administrators' group.
- [Task Manager > Details ] There are no other COPA-DATA processes running that may block build setup.
- Closed the processes that the build-setup requested to close.
- Cyber-security software (e.g. Antivirus, Windows Defender, etc.) allow installation and do not report any installation blockage.
- Installation also fails when separating the computer from network and cyber-security software have been disabled.
- Local/Group Policies do not restrict actions required by the installer independently of the user privileges (e.g. user is not authorized to stop/start Windows Services, etc.).
- [SIC-Reduced] Searched for errors and instructions in the build-setup log located in the %TEMP% folder.
Build-setup logs can be found in different locations in the %TEMP% folder depending of the product version.
You can search for specific text in build-setup logs to find erroneous messages.
Most common keywords f or erroneous messages are: exit, error, failed, code, etc..
- Downloaded file SHA-1 hash is identical to the respective SHA1-1 hash in COPA-DATA product downloads page.
If the problem persists after completing this checklist and followed corrective actions, please contact your local COPA-DATA Representative providing a SIC-Reduced Report from the target computer(s) and the result of this checklist – please include any additional information or comments related with the points addressed you find relevant.
System Information Collector is a standalone COPA-DATA application that collects relevant data about the Operating System and zenon Software Platform for troubleshooting purposes. SIC is installed with zenon and can be started from zenon Startup Tool (Tools).