Process Gateway for SCADA zenon Operator and Supervisor version 8.2
I have 121 facilities scattered across the country that will serve the lower level system.
I plan to use the software product of COPA-DATA GmbH SCADA zenon Operator version 8.2 for this purpose:
- (ZOP8-RT-128) 128 Runtime TAGs (121 copies, one Runtime license per item, which are the same)
The actual number of TAGs is 96, so I took on 128 TAGs with a margin.
The default driver will be Modbus RTU and Open Modbus TCP driver (MODRTU32)
Information from primary zenon devices will be collected via Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP
At the upper level (in the main control room) it is also planned to use the product COPA-DATA GmbH SCADA:
- zenon Supervisor (ZSU8-DEV-16384)
- Modbus RTU and Open Modbus TCP driver (MODRTU32) will be optionally purchased for it
Or the customer for the top level uses SCADA of other manufacturers.
1. Do you need 121 instances of Process Gateway to connect the lower level to the upper?
If so, which is better in my case?
If the customer does not specifically need which one, or is more prone to Process Gateway DNP3 Slave (and maybe even its SCADA runs on DNP3), but it is not yet known exactly which factory the SCADA manufacturer will be at the top level
As you know, you have 8 different Process Gateway standards:
2.IEC 60870 Slave
As I understand it, Process Gateway is a choice of eight different standards and it doesn't matter what protocols and how many we transmit, right?
And will it work if at the top level SCADA is not zenon, or SCADA that only works on DNP3?
2. What are the real recommended parameters for an industrial computer for this case, which will be on 121 objects on the lower and (central) on the upper level?
3. How do I understand SCADA lower level with SCADA upper via Process Gateway works just over the internet and all?
Conventionally, if I have 2G, 3G, 4G (LTE), 5G at each of the 121 points and in the control room, then everything should work, right?
What are the minimum parameters for the speed of the Internet, its parameters should be in my case?
What standards should my Internet connection support? Transmission protocols or any other parameters? And in general, as an industrial computer device, is an additional router enough?
How can it be transmitted from VPN and is it necessary at all?
How to create a tunnel for additional encryption with Zenon.
For example, if there are industrial computers everywhere that have a sim card and a good 4G, is that enough or do you need something else?
With great respect and hope for cooperation Shynkar Vladyslav
CEO LLC "SHYNKAR Automation Systems"
This is a migrated post! Originally posted on 29.06.2022 by user SHYNKAR. Please be aware that information can be outdated.